Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.
No one plans to get sick, plus… Who has time for it?
So Im going to ask you….
How is your food hygiene?
Do you eat a lot of processed foods? Foods-out of a box?
We all know that eating is essential to our performance in all aspects of life.
We have ALL been fed ‘food narratives’ that shape our view on certain macronutrients, micronutrients, as well as the ‘evils’ of one ingredient vs. the virtues of another… and this could go on and on!!
To help organize the confusion that you find when researching nutrition methods for you, stick to some of these key ideas and habits.
Think of it as ‘home base’
Home base food hygiene Ideas
* Focus on food quality. Go with the best quality your budget allows. When you are traveling, go with the best option available.
* Choose whole food sources for the vast majority of your meals.
* Prioritize protein and vegetables/fruit
* Let the digestive process in your body be to your advantage. Chew your food! You will get better absorption of nutrients.
* Get used to the idea that foods are not “evil” or “bad”. They either help you work toward your goals or they do not
Food Hygiene Habits
* Consume a lean, whole food protein source at each meal
* Consume at least two types of vegetables and/or fruits at each meal; the more variety, the better * Try to eliminate vegetable, canola, and any other industrial oils from your cooking. High quality, single-source oils, such as olive, coconut, and avocado oils are much better for daily consumption.
* For at least one meal per day, put down the phone, close the computer, and eat without distraction. Take a few deep breaths, smell your food, and chew your food slowly.
Be mindful of your food!