Have you ever thought about adding nutrition to your body through moving and walking more?
Research has shown us that people aren’t either active or sedentary—they can be both!! Even the active people can be actively sedentary! WHAT???? You can go to the gym – workout for one, two or more hours, and if you sit for 4 or more hours a day, you are still considered sedentary –
We all need to become more physically active throughout the day.
Here are some ideas…
1. Move or stretch at least 3-4 minutes every hour.
2. Hold a walking meeting.
3. Organize group walks during lunch or breaks.
4. Add steps to your day the easy way, park further away!
5. Walk to communicate instead of calling, emailing, or texting.
6. Use your lunch hour to walk/exercise AND bring your own lunch
7. Take the stairs to another floor’s restroom.
8. Take the stairs when traveling less than two flights.
9. Get off the elevator 2 or 3 flights before your floor and take the stairs
10. Do partial squats while waiting for the copier/microwave/ fax etc.
11. Wait by walking instead of sitting.
12. Fidget and squirm, you will burn more calories!
13. Get a sit-stand workstation.
14. Move your feet by doing ankle circles or flexing them up and down
15. Change your position or posture often
Americans sit almost 10 hours each day (on average)!!
So don’t just sit there – get up and move!!! Here are more ideas to get you moving throughout your day!