If you love egg rolls dipped in sauce, then you will love this!! Its super easy!!!! And delicious!!!!
- 1 – 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded carrots and cabbage)
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic grated or diced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork or chicken
Add the ground pork (or ground chicken) break up with a spatula and cook until fully cooked through
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots, and stir to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture to the meat and veggies. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
- Serve over rice, garnished with green onions if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup, rice malt syrup, raw honey or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra
- for sprinkling (optional); a pinch of Celtic sea salt, 1/3 cup pistachio kernels,
Putting it together
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cacao powder, tahini and sweetener of choice, whisking constantly to stop any lumps forming. Stir in the cinnamon and salt, then remove from the heat.
- Set the pan aside for about 5 minutes so the mixture cools slightly and begins to set.
- Pour the mixture evenly onto the baking paper – you want the bark to be about 5–8 mm thick.
- Scatter the pistachios over the chocolate mixture and finish with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon if you wish.
- Cover with plastic film and put it in the freezer for 30–40 minutes or until set firm. You can then break it into irregular shards. For the best texture, enjoy it straight from the freezer.
SWEET POTATO SALAD
SWEET POTATO SALAD
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup corn
- 1 3⁄4 C black beans, rinsed and drained (homemade or canned)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato slices on a grill over medium heat. Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Place the corn on the grill (if using whole corn) and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating so the kernels get slightly charred. If not roast corn in a skillet till slightly charred. Let the sweet potatoes and corn cool to room temperature.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Add the corn to the bowl. (Remove the corn kernels from the cob).
- Stir in black beans, green onions, and cilantro. Squeeze the lime juice over the salad and toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.