1⁄2 cup coconut oil
1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon tahini
3–4 tablespoons maple syrup, rice malt syrup, raw honey or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extr
for sprinkling (optional); a pinch of Celtic sea salt, 1/3 cup pistachio kernels,
Putting it together
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cacao powder, tahini and sweetener of choice, whisking constantly to stop any lumps forming. Stir in the cinnamon and salt, then remove from the heat.
- Set the pan aside for about 5 minutes so the mixture cools slightly and begins to set.
- Pour the mixture evenly onto the baking paper – you want the bark to be about 5–8 mm thick.
- Scatter the pistachios over the chocolate mixture and finish with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon if you wish.
- Cover with plastic film and put it in the freezer for 30–40 minutes or until set firm. You can then break it into irregular shards. For the best texture, enjoy it straight from the freezer.